19 August 2006

Random knitting content

We may be seeing Snakes on a Plane this weekend. It is to my regret that I didn't think to knit myself a muthalovin' snake to wear around my muthalovin' neck to the movie. (It could be done. I-cord, with strategic increases and decreases for the head. And it would use up some of the acrylic sitting in the stash.)




I have now met three other Lauras and a Laurie (unsure of spelling) through the Wednesday night knitting group. Can't swing a skein of yarn without hitting one of us, it seems ...




Upcoming projects:
  • Potholders for the Beloved's mom, who is quite enamored of the ones made for her earlier. So enamored, in fact, that she doesn't want to use them until I make more. :-) I think I have some suitable colors in the dishcloth cotton stash ... I don't think I have any more pink, but I do have some red and burgundy.
  • The Booga Bag. Or some other felted bag, if I find a pattern I like better. I have four skeins of Noro Kureyon, in a pink-purple-green colorway, and the pattern calls for three. I had, however, been hoping to use the Kureyon for a pair of Hurry Up Spring cabled armwarmers from Stitch 'N Bitch Nation. Although, if I buy a skein of coordinating wool and use it with the Kureyon, I could do both ... (Of course, with the Knucks, I may not need the armwarmers. And I've also been contemplating black armwarmers instead of color. *shrug* We'll see.)
  • Oh, and speaking of shrugs ... the Convertible from Knitty also intrigues me. Although I also have Wrap Style, and there's a few garments in there that I covet ... never mind that I already have a couple of non-knitted wrap-y shawl-y things that I received as gifts.
  • And didn't I say I was going to re-attempt Branching Out?

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

We do need steenkin' badges

So I stumbled across The Illustrious Order of Cast On Knitting Scouts . I resemble some of these remarks: