11 August 2006

Knuckling down

Look! A Knaked Knuck!

Knaked Knuck before seaming @ Flickr

Finished the knitting part ... Sunday, I think. I've had a mild case of Knuck fatigue ever since ... I have yet to start Knuck #2 or do the finishing on Knuck #1 (don't let the pic fool you), and although I put in a few more rows on Mom's Sophisticated Scarf, I've done much more dreaming and scheming about knitting than actual stitching. Thus is the Way of the Needle, I s'pose ...

Bear with Knuck @ Flickr

... oh, and the Bear really wishes I'd weave in the #$%@!! ends and seam up the #$%@!! fingers, already. (Although the Bear expressed this in a gentler manner more befitting a soft cuddly creature.)

But even in its unfinished state, the Knuck has gotten lots of love. It has earned me props among my fellow Wednesday-night knitters (I've heard it called Chicks With Sticks and Knit 'n' Bitch, but darned if I know the real name), and most folks to whom I show it simply MUST try it on. Including the Beloved, whose big manly fingers are way too large for it. He has requested a big manly pair of his own, in brown or black, and I've requested some big manly Rowan Felted Tweed in Cocoa for him. (And some Pine for me. Although I may make a different sort of hand covering out of it. I was just chuffed to see a dark green. It's sort of my signature color, and I'm just not seeing it in ladies' fashion these days.)

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Plain Foolish said...

I've linked you. For now, my knitting needles are down, but I've got some serious crochet going on. And sewing for dolls...

We do need steenkin' badges

So I stumbled across The Illustrious Order of Cast On Knitting Scouts . I resemble some of these remarks: