23 July 2006

Knit or get off the pot

The Tribble is dead.

Branching Out attempt #1

The Tribble -- my initial attempt to do Knitty's Branching Out scarf, as chronicled here -- simply was not meant to be, at least not in that yarn. If I still want a fuzzy one, my LYS seems to have some other yarn candidates, but I think I have a yarn or two in the stash that would also work. Of course, with my luck, that'll go pear-shaped as well. (I have yet to master the art of substituting yarn. Ah, well, learn from experience and all that ...)

I was unsuccessful at ripping out all of the Tribble's yarn -- Artful Yarns "Portrait" yarn, in what I think was the "Arnolfini Marriage" colorway -- because it all matted together. *sigh* But I think I have enough left to resurrect the Tribble, in a different pattern, later on.

Tribble, R.I.P. (And r-i-p.)

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

We do need steenkin' badges

So I stumbled across The Illustrious Order of Cast On Knitting Scouts . I resemble some of these remarks: