27 July 2006

Knit or get off the pot, part II

The Straight-Laced Sock from Knitty is not dead yet ... but it's not at all well.



The Nice Yarn Shop Owner suggested twisting the knit stitches in the ribbing to try to create a tighter sock, or perhaps crocheting in a bit of elastic afterward. Meanwhile, another knitter at yesterday's knitting group session repeated something I'd read on the Socknitters list -- Jawoll Color Superwash really does call for teensier needles.

In either case ... the sock is going to be frogged.

Which is fine. It frees up my size 4 circs so that I can turn this

Inca Fiber Concept @ Flickr

into a pair of Knucks. (The Beloved felt that the yarn needed bunny ears.) The label says Inca Fiber Concept and gives washing instructions and a URL (www.incatops.com), but is mute on exact composition of yarn or yardage. (I'm guessing there's alpaca involved, but don't quote me on it.)

It would seem that I do more frogging than knitting ... but I assure you, the Mom's Sophisticated Scarf is coming along swimmingly. One more skein of yarn to go ...

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

We do need steenkin' badges

So I stumbled across The Illustrious Order of Cast On Knitting Scouts . I resemble some of these remarks: